Sad Shop is a certified EnviroStars green business leader. Sad Shop is committed to reducing environmental impact and using green materials in products and packaging as much as possible.
- All paper is 100% recycled and recyclable.
- Cards are 100% post-consumer content.
- Envelopes are at least 20% post-consumer content.
- Clear card sleeves are partially recycled plastic.*
- Cards are printed on an environmentally responsible machine that produces little or no waste.
- Rigid cardboard mailers are 100% recycled and recyclable.
- Floppy mailers are 100% recycled plastic. They can be recycled in grocery drop-off bins with plastic bags.
* Cards were originally packaged in “biodegradable” clear sleeves made from plant-based materials. Unfortunately I learned that, though the sleeves are certified compostable, they only properly biodegrade in special treatment facilities. When disposed into landfills, eco-sleeves biodegrade at the same rate as plastic sleeves. For this reason, I use partially recycled plastic sleeves, which reduce more waste than eco-sleeves.