Sad Shop is committed to using green materials as much as possible. I am always on the lookout for even more environmentally sound materials and packaging.
- All paper is 100% recycled and recyclable.
- Cards are 100% post-consumer content.
- Envelopes are at least 20% post-consumer content.
- Clear card sleeves are partially recycled plastic.*
- Rigid paperboard mailers are 100% recycled and recyclable. Made from 90% post-consumer content.
- Floppy mailers are 100% recycled plastic. They can be recycled in grocery drop-off bins with plastic bags.
* Cards were originally packaged in “biodegradable” clear sleeves made from plant-based materials. Unfortunately I learned that, though the sleeves are certified compostable, they only properly biodegrade in special treatment facilities. When disposed into landfills, eco-sleeves biodegrade at the same rate as plastic sleeves. For this reason, I use partially recycled plastic sleeves, which reduce more waste than eco-sleeves.